Notice to Clients
We value your business and thank you for choosing to enroll in one of our conference programs. We want you to be aware of our commitment to protect the personal information you share in the course of doing business with us.
How We Collect, Use and Disclose Your Information
As you browse Insight Information’s Legaltech® Toronto website, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with Insight Information’s Legaltech® Toronto website. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number. You can visit this page to opt out of AdRoll and their partners’ targeted advertising.
When you enroll for a program with Insight, you share personal information required to complete your enrollment, (including your name, email address, telephone number, address and company affiliation) so that we may enroll you in that program, send you updates about that program and so that we may provide you with other information, products and services that we believe best meet your needs and interests. We may also use and disclose this information in order to:
- allow speakers at the program to tailor their presentation to their audience
- post a list of attendees of the program at the conference itself and to create name tags in order to assist attendees at the program to network with other participants
- in order to respond to requests for information that we receive from you via our websites or otherwise
- to assist you with enrolling in other Insight programs, to provide you with discounts, coupons and rebates, and to service your account with us and respond to your questions
- to obtain payment for products and services provided to you
- to assist us in providing ourc ustomers with better products and services (for example, we may contact you to assist us in evaluating the performance of our staff, to assess the quality of product and service received and to help us improve our facilities and services)
- compile statistics and analysis about our customers use of our products and services, which statistics are only used internally to enable us to provide better customer service and products to you and other customers in the future
- provide that information to affiliates of Insight, our agents, licensees, third parties such as shipping companies, third party data processing, and data storage facilities, and internet server and support companies, direct mail companies,and others
- as necessary to comply with legal and professional requirements in connection with providing our customers with products and services or as we may believe in good faith that the law requires
- provide that information to direct mailing list companies and mailing list swapping services and other companies which use personal information to send information about products or services or who otherwise use such information to solicitor advertise or who provide it for consideration to others for use in solicitation and advertising
- to persons engaged by Insight to perform a credit check or persons involved in any efforts undertaken by Insight to collect any outstanding debts or other fees which are due and owing by you to Insight
The specific uses of personal information in connection with the foregoing purposes will be limited to what a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy business assets. In such transactions, client information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the event that we sell all or substantially all of our assets,information regarding our customers will of course be one of the transferred assets.
If we plan to use personal information we have collected for a purpose not previously identified, we will identify and document the purpose before such additional use. We will state the identified purposes in such a manner that you can reasonably understand how your personal information will be used or disclosed.
We Strive to Protect Your Personal Information
All employees and staff who are granted access to customer records understand the need to keep this information protected and confidential. They know they are to use the information only for the purposes intended. This expectation is clearly communicated.
Upon written request addressed to our Chief Privacy Officer, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and we will give the you access to that personal information. You may challenge the accuracy and completeness of your information and have it amended as appropriate.
We will respond to your written request within a reasonable time (generally within 30 days) and we will assist you if you inform us that you need assistance in preparing a request. We may require you to provide sufficient information to permit us to provide an account of the existence, use and disclosure of personal information. While our response will typically be provided at no cost to you, depending on the nature of the request and the amount of information involved, we reserve the right to impose a reasonable cost. In these circumstances, we will inform you of the approximate cost to provide the response and proceed upon payment by you of the cost. Requested information will be provided or made available in a form that is understandable. Where possible, we will indicate the source of the information
We’ve also established physical and systems safeguards, along with the proper processes, to protect customer information from unauthorized access or use.
Your Privacy Choices
Please note that by completing our conference enrollment form, or by visiting our website and supplying information thereby, you are consenting to our use of your information in accordance with our policies set out herein. You may withdraw your consent with respect to any or all uses or disclosures of your personal information by Insight at any time (subject to legal or contractual restrictions) by sending written instructions to our Chief Privacy Officer (an “Opt Out Notice”) at the address set out below.
In the event you provide us with an Opt Out Notice your information will be segregated and not disclosed or used in any manner about which you have objected. However, the personal information we have collected will be retained by us in accordance with our usual retention practices and procedures. You may at any time review such information as further set out below. Please be aware that withdrawing your consent may prevent us from providing you with the requested product or service.
If You Need More Information
For more information about our privacy policies and procedures, or for any other privacy related questions or inquiries, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer:
Chief Privacy Officer
214 King Street West, Suite 300
Toronto ON M5H 3S6